Chiva Chaitya Organization’s vision is for the Kathmandu Valley and surrounding areas in which Chiva – its preservation, protection and respect shown towards it is linked with pride by both permanent and visiting residents of the valley.
Chiva Chaitya Organization moves forward with the mission to:
- prepare and organize visual database of Chiva, their location and inscriptions
- educate general public and government agencies about the need for protection of Chiva
- facilitate for any people or agency willing to repair/preserve/renovate a Chiva
In order to fulfill our mission and vision, we are doing following things:
- We have continued to collect and organize inventory of all Chiva and currently photo information on more than 500 Chiva has been collected
- To educate the general public facebook page https://facebook.com/chivachaitya and instagram @chiva_chaitya are being operated
- Presentation on Chiva are given to staff of companies
- Cleaning activities on some Chiva are done
- Photograph all the Chiva
- Translate all the Chiva inscription (this can give establish-ers, date of establishment, it’s history and also can give insight in the overall history of the Kathmandu Valley)
- Prepare a google maps layer which will have all the locations of each and every chiva
- Prepare a secure and exhaustive database of all Chiva for use by scholars and general public.
- Take out books and other media to inform general public and generate revenue for the Chiva Fund, which will be used for maintenance/repair of damaged Chiva
- People will be able to report of any encroachment or damage on a Chiva. We will approach local authorities, establish-ers and locals to maintain those Chiva.
- Give presentation to school, colleges, company events and other public events etc
- Facilitate any repair or maintenance activity on Chiva
- Seek necessary resources for Chiva preservation
- Educate people and agencies about the heritage protection guidelines